RuleChecker is a static analyzer that automatically checks your C or C++ code for compliance with MISRA rules, CERT recommendations, and other coding guidelines.
For options and pricing, please request a quote.
Need a quote? Click here to access our
convenient online quotation form.
Fast automatic checks for adherence to coding standards
RuleChecker primarily targets safety-critical embedded applications, but can also be used to analyze any structured programs, handwritten or generated, with complex memory usages, dynamic memory allocation, and recursion.
- MISRA 2004
- MISRA 2012
- MISRA 2012 Amendment 1
- MISRA 2012 Amendment 2
- MISRA 2012 Amendment 3
- MISRA AC AGC
- MISRA C++:2008
- MISRA C++:202x-DRAFT
- SEI CERT Secure C
- SEI CERT C++
- MITRE CWE (Common Weakness Enumeration)
- ISO/IEC TS 17961:2013 (C Secure Coding Rules)
- ISO/IEC 9899:1999 diagnostics
- Adaptive AUTOSAR C++14
- Joint Strike Fighter Air Vehicle C++ Coding Standards
- HIS metrics
- Customizable style rules for all C identifiers
- Your very own in-house coding guidelines (on request)
- Easy configuration, allowing you to toggle individual rules and even specific aspects of certain rules.
- Exceptionally fast analyses for complex real-world programs with hundreds of thousands lines of code.
- Various statistics and code metrics, such as comment density or cyclomatic complexity.
Optional checks for metric thresholds.
- Interactive graphs, charts, and tables for efficient exploration of the analysis results.
- Customizable reports for documentation and certification purposes.
- Seamless integration with the runtime error analyzer Astrée
to guarantee zero false negatives and minimize false positives on semantical rules.
Your usage of Rule
Who uses RuleChecker?
The global automotive supplier Helbako in Germany is using RuleChecker to demonstrate MISRA compliance of their electronic control software.
MTU Friedrichshafen is using RuleChecker to demonstrate the correctness of control software for emergency power generators in power plants.
Bosch Automotive Steering replaced their legacy tools with Astrée and RuleChecker, resulting in significant savings thanks to faster analyses, higher accuracy, and optimized licensing and support costs.
Distalmotion uses Rule
On the lookout for an SCA tool for their AUTOSAR Adaptive applications for a German OEM, Luxoft found RuleChecker to be the only static analyzer on the market that’s easy to set up on a complex toolchain with a build process partly executed within virtual machines. At Luxoft, RuleChecker validates code compliance with the C++ AUTOSAR Adaptive platform guidelines and HIS metrics, thus elegantly fulfilling their quality targets. It successfully integrates with a Jenkins CI server where it generates automatic reports for every single change in the code, as well as with multiple AUTOSAR Adaptive toolchains from different vendors.
Moving toward releasing the first MISRA-compliant embedded database system, McObject incorporated RuleChecker into its software production and realized immediate benefits with respect to the stability and traceability of the code.
- We offer RuleChecker bundled with Astrée, our tool for static runtime error analysis of C and C++ code.
RuleChecker as a standalone tool is available from our partner QA Systems, re-branded as QA-MISRA for that purpose.
- Also available is a bundle of QA-MISRA with Cantata, a tool for automated dynamic unit and integration testing for C and C++.
Cancellation & No Refund Policy
Cancellation: You can cancel your subscription at any time. Please note that we do not provide credit, refunds or prorated billing for any licenses that are cancelled once purchased.
No Return/Refund: All sales are final, there are no refunds.