AbsInt Worst-Case Execution Time Workshop
WCET Workshop (aiT and TimeWeaver) – Basic (1st Day)
- Learning about aspects of Functional Safety, Static Program Analysis and Soundness by Abstract Interpretation (to accomplish safety requirements in the ISO26262, DO-178B/C, IEC-61508, etc. safety standards)
- Introduction to Timing Verification: Code Level vs. System Level Timing, Traditional approaches vs. the static analysis based approach vs. the hybrid approach.
- Understanding the difference between the aiT WCET analyzer that computes tight bounds for the worst-case execution time (WCET) of tasks in a real-time systems and the TimeWeaver implementing a hybrid WCET analysis combining static value and path analysis with non-intrusive tracing.
- Learning the structure of the aiT and TimeWeaver tool chain.
- Realizing challenges for multi-core architectures (like in the modern Infineon AURIX 3xx/4xx series):
Solve them by counting resource accesses in aiT or work with trace information automatically including interference effects such as access delays to shared resources in TimeWeaver.
- Explaining the interactive Trace-Streaming, available for AURIX Emulation Devices only.
- Working with Hands-On demonstrator examples for an aiT and TimeWeaver analysis project.
- Learning the Basic Usage of the a3 GUI.
- After completing this Basic WCET Workshop, you will have the necessary skills to:
- Set up your own WCET analysis project in aiT/TimeWeaver
- To produce your first WCET results and interpret them correctly
- To use the call- and control flow graph interactively for a better understanding of the results.
- To interpret the analysis statistics output.
WCET Workshop (aiT and TimeWeaver) – Advanced (2nd Day)
- Special attention will be given to the possibilities of the AIS annotation language in this advanced workshop
- More Advanced Options in Usage of the a3 GUI
- Concept of Source Files in the a3 Tool
- Target Processor Configuration in aiT vs. Configurations and Trace Input for TimeWeaver
- Learning on the concept of Calling Contexts
- Loop Transformation and Loop Contexts
- Learning the basic AIS2 Annotation Language
- Selecting the Analysis Scope
- Excluding Code Snippets
- Calls via Function Pointers
- Indirect Calls and Branches
- Loop Bound Annotations
- Source Code Annotations
- aiT Pipeline State Visualization vs. TimeWeaver specific Annotations
- Interactive Value Analysis
- AIS Expressions
- Learning Advanced AIS concepts to help improving Precision of Calculated WCET Result
- a3 Batch Mode
- Result Combination
- Tool Qualification Strategies and Solutions
Before purchasing Training, please contact for date availability:
Need a quote? Click here to access our
convenient online quotation form.
Cancellation & No Refund Policy
No Return/Refund: All sales are final, there are no refunds.